Thursday, June 4, 2009

Day 120/365 The Voice of Reason

I haven't mentioned my political leanings since Inauguration Day, but I stayed up to watch President Obama's so-called "Speech to the Muslim World", and was once again so proud, and so impressed with our president.

It could easily be "Speech to the Whole World", making a reasoned call to all rational people to basically suck it up, acknowledge mistakes of the past, compromise on solutions, and get on with it. ALL people. On every side. In every religion. In every country.

Coincidentally, today is also the 20th anniversary of Tiananmen Square and those horrible videos of tanks and students. Hopefully some coverage of the President's speech made it through the Chinese filters.

In case you missed it, and would prefer to hear the speech itself, instead of various news anchors 'interpretation" and so-called explanations, here ya go (congratulations on choosing to go to the source for your information):



Courtesy of The White House:
http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/NewBeginning/

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting President Obama's speech on here. It is nice to be able to listen and interpret it for myself rather than having it interpretted for me by the media.
    I can't believe it's been 20 years since Tianamen Square. I remember seeing coverage of it on the news in New Zealand when I was a kid and asking my mum what was going on but not really understanding a whole lot.

    ReplyDelete