History has once again been revised, courtesy of five radical fundamental Christians that control the Texas State Board of Education, who last Friday voted to *finally* teach the "truth".
Therefore, from this point on:
- Jerry Falwell is an important historical figure
- Thomas Jefferson is *not*
- The word "democratic" is dismissed from all discussion of America's history
- The concept of "separation of church and state" is dismissed
- The cause of the Civil War was "sectionalism, states rights and slavery".
- Slavery was not that important,because there was no actual 'slave trade' -it was the "Atlantic triangulation trade"
Yep. Slave trade - never happened. All in your imagination.
"Separation of church and state"? Never intended by our deeply religious Christian founders (who only pretended to be Deists).
Jerry Falwell- religious bigot? Nope. Important historical figure.
"Democratic"? Not on your life.
I cannot imagine a better argument for homeschooling your children than this single word: Texas.
As horrible as it is that school children in Texas will be taught this revised garbage, it's worse yet that most textbook publishers design their product to suit Texas, the largest textbook consumer.
That means the rest of America's children will be taught this conservative ideological worldview, and most parents will not think to read the textbooks first, and note in the margins which statements are complete rubbish or out-and-out lies.
The Great State of California has already introduced an amendment requiring the review of any educational materials that include the Texas curriculum. Hopefully other states will follow suit, or at least the ones who want to produce thinking, intelligent American citizens.
Of course, that's the last thing Texas wants to do.
A thinking, intelligent populace would put an end to this stupidity.
*George Orwell, 1984