Thursday, September 23, 2010

Day 235/365 Ultimate Bookshelf

This is my new favorite library in Kansas City Missouri.

I'm wondering how they picked which books they would giant-size, especially since I can't argue with any of the selections: Invisible Man, Lord of the Rings, Charlotte's Web, A Tale of Two Cities, Romeo and Juliet and of course, my own personal favorite: To Kill a Mockingbird.


The bookshelf that runs the length of the parking garage has more eclectic titles: Catch-22, Silent Spring and O Pioneers.

I especially love the way every book looks like a leatherbound classic (that's one of my weaknesses - leather bound, gilt-edged books - the kind with marbled endpapers and ribbed spines.

I guess having a row of Kindle's just wouldn't be the same now, would it?

(Thanks to my BFF Cathy for the pics)

2 comments: