Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Day 259/365 Less Than Spectacular Housekeeping

This is our house.

Okay not really. It's the Weasley's house. (If you need to ask who the Weasley's are, turn to another page while we talk amongst ourselves).

The Burrow is famous for its topsy-turvy, homey, cluttered look.


Our real house is very, very much like the Weasley's, minus the magic. And the magical housekeeping. But we have just as much clutter. Actually, here's a secret clue: I sell on ebay (and Amazon). All of you out there who sell on ebay immediately grasp this situation.


Not only do we have an old house, with tiny rooms designed for women in hoopskirts, but I also fit inventory for a business into my home. I am also a booklover. This is an exasperating combination. Particularily for the long-suffering husband.

There is no -I repeat- *no* way to know what you will run across in our home.

The literal Lamp of Knowledge...


Stuffed bookshelves with a framed charcoal of "Unfinished Gothic Arches"...


Unsorted boxes from this weekends booksale....


My book gnome....

My office isn't any better. Just momentarily better organized....with books from floor to ceiling (these are my personal collection)

So are these....


And these....

These too...


And this corner up by the ceiling (this is the paranormal and serial killer corner. It's okay, it was my college major).

At any rate, as it has been pointed out to me rather frequently lately, things could probably be tidier. And less cluttered.

In all fairness, I'd like to point out there aren't many livingrooms where you can find the Lady of Shalotte, an 1880 edition of The Christmas Carol, a stuffed black raven a la Edgar Allan Poe,the Lamp of Knowledge, and a original watercolor of the Black Mountain of Scotland.

All sitting next to Lurch's Walking Hand from the Munsters.

And that's just the stuff we're keeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment