Sunday, February 22, 2009

Day 72/365 The Walrus and How Much We Miss Him

Those who have known me for many, many years, since the olden days, know that the absolute love-of-my-life band is The Beatles. End of discussion.

And those same readers were around through some dark days that we never talk about.

BUT - I've just seen the most incredible video, made by a guy named Jerry Levitan.

In 1969, when Jerry and I were both 14, he did what I wanted to do: he managed to track John Lennon down at his Toronto hotel room, and interview him. While I was 14 and endlessly playing the White Album and Abbey Road, Jerry got the interview.

Now, 40 years later, he's made the interview into a 5 minute film, trying to animate John's words "unfurling in the way I imagined they would appear inside the head of a baffled 14-year-old boy interviewing his idol."

And it really reminds me of how much I miss John, and the band, and the music.




1 comment:

  1. Oh, how I loved this! Wow!! I want to type more, but I can't. I miss him too.

    ReplyDelete